The perfect way to show current conditions and a 3-day forecast in your sidebar, for your visitor’s location. Great for travel sites, town or city sites, etc. It looks good, takes up little space and is easy to set up.
The widget uses accurate weather data from World Weather Online.
About the Weather Widget
The Dynamic Visitor Weather Widget is a compact WordPress weather widget for your sidebar. It has a neat, neutral design which fits in with almost any site. For your visitor’s location or location of your choice (city, town, IP address, etc) it shows the current weather conditions on the top and a 3-day forecast down.
The widget can display temperatures in both celsius and Fahrenheit scales. It can detects the user’s language and shows the appropriate scale, or use a predefined scale. It also allows the user to switch scales and remembers their preferences.
Key Features & Options
- Choose between Static weather or Dynamic weather.
- Choose your favourite city in case of static show.
- Support showing static weather in case of the dynamic didn’t get weather.
- Support all countries and cities.
- Temperature options.
- Separate options page
- Remembers the admin preferences.
- Multi widget support.
- Title text for the widget.
- Custom options for each widget to choose the referrer or not to use it at all.
- Smart caching system to decrease the bandwidth usage
- Tested for security purposes.
- Ready for working on responsive themes and different widgets area.
- Clear all the data in case of uninstalling the plugin without causing any crashes.
Question & Supports
This plugin does not match to your site style? Is this script not quite working as it should?
Having trouble installing? Or need some custom modifications that aren’t already included?
Or you want more features on next release? Please contact me:
Ready for internationalization and localization.
You can either install it automatically from the WordPress admin or do it manually:
- Unzip the archive and put the
dynamic-visitor-weatherfolder into your plugins folder (/wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu.
- Fill out the required information in Dynamic Visitor Weather’s options page(you can get the API key for free at https://developer.worldweatheronline.com/)
- Go to Appearance > Widgets
- Drag the ‘Dynamic Visitor Weather’ box into the sidebar area
- Fill out the required information
- Click ‘Save’
That’s it, the weather widget should now show up in your sidebar
- Can the widget show temperature in Fahrenheit?
Yes, it can now show both Celsius and Fahrenheit. Celsius is the default but The admin can switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius, and their preference will be remembered.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Dynamic Visitor Weather” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors