UPS is headquartered in Sandy Springs, Georgia and is the world’s largest package delivery company. UPS delivers more than 15 million packages per day to more than 7.9 million customers in more than 220 countries and territories around the world. If you don’t have a UPS account number, contact them at 800-742-5877, or register online[https://www.ups.com/one-to-one/login].
- Includes negotiated shipping rates in the shopping cart and on the checkout page.
- Ability to control which UPS small package services to display
- Support for variable products.
- Option to include residential delivery surcharge
- Option to mark up shipping rates by a set dollar amount or by a percentage.
- WooCommerce 5.7 or newer.
- A UPS account number.
- Your username and password to ups.com.
- Your UPS web services authentication key.
- A license from Eniture Technology.
Before installing this plugin you should have the following information handy:
- Your UPS account number.
- Your username and password to ups.com.
- Your UPS web services authentication key.
If you need assistance obtaining any of the above information, contact your local UPS office
or call the UPS corporate headquarters at 1-800-333-7400.
A more comprehensive and graphically illustrated set of instructions can be found on the Documentation tab at
1. Install and activate the plugin
In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins => Add New. Search for “Small Package Quotes – UPS Edition”, and click Install Now.
After the installation process completes, click the Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin.
2. Get a license from Eniture Technology
Go to Eniture Technology and pick a
subscription package. When you complete the registration process you will receive an email containing your license key and
your login to eniture.com. Save your login information in a safe place. You will need it to access your customer dashboard
where you can manage your licenses and subscriptions. A credit card is not required for the free trial. If you opt for the free
trial you will need to login to your Eniture Technology dashboard before the trial period expires to purchase
a subscription to the license. Without a paid subscription, the plugin will stop working once the trial period expires.
3. Establish the connection
Go to WooCommerce => Settings => UPS. Use the Connection link to create a connection to your UPS account.
5. Select the plugin settings
Go to WooCommerce => Settings => UPS. Use the Quote Settings link to enter the required information and choose
the optional settings.
6. Enable the plugin
Go to WooCommerce => Settings => Shipping. Click edit for shipping zone you want to add UPS. Click Add Shipping Method. Select UPS from dropdown. Click “Add Shipping Method” button.
How do I get a UPS account number?
Contact them at 800-742-5877, or register online.
Where do I find my UPS.com username and password?
Contact UPS customer service at 800-742-5877 or the UPS account manager assigned to your account.
Where do I get my UPS API Access Key?
Obtaining a UPS API Access Key is done on UPS.com and requires a few steps. Refer to the Documentation tab on this page for detailed instructions.
Why do I sometimes get a message that a shipping rate estimate couldn’t be provided?
There are several possibilities:
- UPS has restrictions on a shipment’s maximum weight, length and girth which your shipment may have exceeded.
- There wasn’t enough information about the weight or dimensions for the products in the shopping cart to retrieve a shipping rate estimate.
- The UPS web service isn’t operational.
- Your UPS account has been suspended or cancelled.
- Your Eniture Technology license key for this plugin has expired.
How do I get a license key for my plugin?
You must register your installation of the plugin, regardless of whether you are taking advantage of the trial period or
purchased a license outright. At the conclusion of the registration process an email will be sent to you that will include
the license key. You can also login to eniture.com using the username and password you created during the registration process
and retrieve the license key from the My Licenses tab.
How do I change my plugin license from the trail version to one of the paid subscriptions?
Login to eniture.com and navigate to the My Licenses tab. There you will be able to manage the licensing of all of your Eniture Technology plugins.
How do I install the plugin on another website?
The plugin has a single site license. To use it on another website you will need to purchase an additional license. If you want
to change the website with which the plugin is registered, login to eniture.com and navigate to the My Licenses tab. There you will
be able to change the domain name that is associated with the license key.
Do I have to purchase a second license for my staging or development site?
No. Each license allows you to identify one domain for your production environment and one domain for your staging or
development environment. The rate estimates returned in the staging environment will have the word “Sandbox” appended to them.
Why isn’t the plugin working on my other website?
If you can successfully test your credentials from the Connection page (WooCommerce > Settings > Speedfreight > Connections)
then you have one or more of the following licensing issue(s): 1) You are using the license key on more than one domain.
The licenses are for single sites. You will need to purchase an additional license. 2) Your trial period has expired.
3) Your current license has expired and we have been unable to process your form of payment to renew it. Login to eniture.com and
go to the My Licenses tab to resolve any of these issues.
Why were the shipment charges I received on the invoice from UPS different than what was quoted by the plugin?
Common reasons include one of the shipment parameters (weight, dimensions) is different, or additional services (such as residential
delivery) were required. Compare the details of the invoice to the shipping settings on the products included in the shipment.
Consider making changes as needed. Remember that the weight of the packing materials is included in the billable weight for the shipment.
If you are unable to reconcile the differences call your local UPS office for assistance.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Small Package Quotes – UPS Edition” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Update: Conflict resolved with “Flexible Product Fields” plugin
- Update: Introduced connectivity from the plugin to FreightDesk.Online using Company ID
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress version 6.0.
- Update: Included tabs for freightdesk.online and validate-addresses.com
- Update: Compatibility with PHP version 8.1.
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress version 5.9.
- Update: Compatibility with preferred origin custom work.
- Fix: Fixes for PHP version 8.0.
- Update: Introduced debug logs tab.
- Fix: In case of multiply shipment, wil show rates if all shipments will return rates.
- Fix: Fixed delivery days options.
- Update: added data analysis.
- Update: Compatibility with PHP version 8.0
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress version 5.8
- Fix: Corrected product page URL in connection settings tab
- Update: Updates to the description of UPS contract services supported by the plugin.
- Update: Added feature “Weight threshold limit”.
- Update: Added feature In-store pickup with terminal information.
- Update: Added images URL for FDO portal.
- Update: CSV columns updated.
- Update: Virtual product details added in order meta data.
- Update: Compatibility with shippable addon.
- Update: Added compatibility with WP 5.7, compatibility with shippable ad-don, compatibility with account number ad-don fields showing on the checkout page.
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 5.6
- Fix: Fixed In Store and Local delivery as an default selection.
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 5.5, Compatibility with shipping solution freightdesk.online and added a link in plugin to get updated plans from eniture.com.
- Fix: Fixed database query to created warehouse table
- Fix: Resolved conflict with third party plugin.
- Fix: Compatibility with Eniture Technology Freight plugins
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 5.4
- Update: Ignore items with given Shipping Class(es).
- Update: Introduced Features: 1) Multi Packaging. 2) Box Fee. 3) Programming improved for order detail widget.
- Fix: Fixed UI of quote settings tab.
- Update: Introduce product nesting property feature.
- Fix: Fix compatibility issue with Standard Box Sizes Addon.
- Update: Relocation of auto residential address detection settings.
- Fix: Fixed compatibility issue with Eniture Technology LTL Freight Quotes plugins.
- Update: This update introduces: 1 Compatibility for the WooCommerce Measurement Price Calculator plugin; 2. The ability to mark up individual services; 3. Improved support for UPS Contract Services; 4) Customizable error message in the event the plugin is unable to retrieve rates from UPS; 5) An option to disable the sorting of shipping rates by price in ascending order. The update also fixes a compatibility issue with the Residential Address Detection plugin.
- Update: Introduced settings to control quotes sorting on frontend
- Update: Introduced settings for frontend message when shipping cannot be calculated
- Update: Introduced new feature, shipping rates estimates on manual orders.
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 5.1
- Fix: Identify one warehouse and multiple drop ship locations in basic plan.
- Update: Introduced new features and Basic, Standard and Advanced plans.
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 5.0
- Update: Compatibility with WooCommerce 3.4.2 and PHP 7.1.
- Update: Added new subscription options for Residential Address Detection plug-in and Standard Box Sizes plug-in
- Fix: Corrected headings CSS
- Update: Introduction of Standard Box Sizes and Residential Address Detection features which are enabled though the installation of plugin add ons.
- Fix: Fixed issue with CSS on textarea
- Fix: CSV export conflict with LTL plugin
- Fix: Fixed issue with new reserved word in PHP 7.1
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 4.9
- Initial release.